Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jean Dahlgren





JEAN DAHLGREN


Jean Dahlgren creates art by layering dye and paint on fine cloth that allows light and shadow to add the "end" to each story.  The finished story cloths have been exhibited in galleries throughout Texas.  The love of these processes has led Dahlgren to teach both curious beginners and advanced fiber artists at the Dougherty Art Center in Austin, Texas.  One of the greatest rewards of teaching is to see students grow in their work and develop their individual voices.


ARTIST STATEMENT


Everyday events, which touch all of us, are the basis for my current work.  I start with a vague idea of what I would like to say.  Sketches are drawn and images assembled.  The joy in what I create is in the process.  The work and I begin a dialog.  As each layer of color and print is added, the piece begins to reveal itself.  When the last layer is added the story is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment